The mission of the Kansas Association of Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences is to provide leadership and support to FACS professionals who provide education to individuals, families and communities.
KATFACS will help enhance professional relationships, advocate for FACS, provide resources, and networking opportunities.
Furthermore, the mission of KATFACS is to provide an opportunity for members to address issues at the state and national level that are of importance to Family and Consumer Sciences education.
KATFACS will provide a venue for the exchange of ideas and resources as well as enhance communication within our profession as a whole.
1. To provide information concerning current trends in Family and Consumer Sciences to members and ways of implementation.
2. To promote professionalism among the members.
3. To assist with projects and activities that will encourage students to select Family and Consumer Science careers.
4. To support Family and Consumer Science student organizations that provide leadership opportunities.
5. To assist affiliate associations in promoting career and technical education legislation.
6. To support the purposes of NATFACS, ACTE, Career & Technical Education, and the Kansas State Department of Education.